Western Foods Recipes
| Saut?ed Chicken, served with a red and green peppe |
1 chicken, cut into serving pieces, skin removed
3 Tablespoons of oil
2 slices of bacon, diced
3 onions, finely chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
4 tomatoes, or 1 14.5-16oz can
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 thyme sprig
1/2 cup cream
2-4 dashes of Maggi seasoning
1. Brown the chicken in the oil, then remove from skillet and keep warm.
2. In the same skillet, fry the bacon, onions, garlic and peppers. Cook for a few minutes until somewhat softend.
3. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, bak leaf, thyme and Maggi.
4. Return the chicken to this mixture, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken pieces to the serving dish. Reduce the sauce slightly and add the cream and parsley.
| Poulet en Papillotte - Chicken packets & mushrooms |
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 pieces of Canadian Bacon, thinly sliced
For the Duxelles**:
1 onion, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
4 oz. mushrooms
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Sear the chicken breasts in a small amount of oil for about 2 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm.
2. In a food processor, pur?e the onions, shallots, parsley and mushrooms.
3. Melt the butter in a skillet and add the mushroom mixture. Saut? until all the water has evaporated.
4. Place each chicken breast on a piece of foil. Top with 1 tablespoon of the duxelles, add a slice of bacon and then another tablespoon of the duxelles.
5. Close foil tightly and bake for 25 minutes at 425?.
| General Frank's |
1 large bonless chicken breast
2 regular size cans Swanson's chicken broth. (low sodium)
2 cups long grain rice
1 bottle of Earp's
3 large eggs
Small quantities of assorted vegetables: (carrot, onion, petite peas, zucchini squash, broccoli, ect. for stir fried rice)
1 tsp. salt
All vegetable cooking oil
Red and blue Food coloring
Cut chicken breast into 1/2" x 1" strips. In a mixing bowl, combine 1 egg with a small amout of water. Place strips of the chicken breast into the egg mixture, stirring to coat evenly. Remove pieces from bowl and dredge in corn starch.
Heat a skillet along with just enough vegetable oil to fry off your chicken strips. Once heated, place strips into skillet and fry aprox. 1 minute per side or until done. Remove from skillet onto a plate and allow any excess oil to drain off. Set aside in refrigerator.
Place rice (not rinsed) into a 2 quart sauce pan (one with a good lid). Add enough chicken broth to cover the rice by 1". Add 1 tsp. salt. If 2 cans of broth did not cover the rice by 1" add a little water. Bring to a boil, cover and set burner to a very low setting and cook for 20 minutes. Do NOT remove lid at any time during these 20 minutes! At 20 minutes, remove from heat.
In a mixing bowl beat well 1 egg, 2 TBS cold water and a few drops of red Food coloring. In a seperate bowl, do the same but with the blue Food coloring.
Heat a frying pan with 2 TBS. vegetable oil to medium high heat. Place in 1/3 of chopped vegetables and saute' until cooked. Add the mixture of red coloring and continue cooking until it bubbles. Now add 1/3 of the cooked rice and fold in. Place that batch of rice and vegetables on to dinner plates so as to form the first of a 3 part wedge patterns on each plate. Follow the same procedure now for the blue Food coloring mixture. Now, saute' off the remaining vegetables, add the remaining rice and complete the wedge pattern on each plate.
Page(s) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8